Payment for Dues, Journal Subscriptions, Books, etc.
Please first determine the amount you wish to pay and, unless paying
by credit card (which must be paid in US dollars), the
currency you wish to pay in. Then see the relevant paragraph below.
|For payments by/in:
|| See section:
|US dollars (USD)
|Swiss francs (CHF)
For those paying dues, a table of dues rates is given at the end of
this document. All dues rates are fixed in US $. Current rates in
other acceptable currencies are given in the table. The sections below
deal with fund transfers by your bank. Cash payments are also acceptable
but for security reasons are not preferred: if you do wish to pay
cash, it should be sent or given to me in a secure manner.
- Payments in US dollars can be made either to our US account (preferred) or to our account in Bern.
Payments should be made in the form of a check, payable to the Society, and mailed with a copy of the membership form or
other explanation to:
Dr. Beverly K. Berger
International Society on General Relativity and Gravitations
P.O. Box 3388
Livermore, CA 94551-3388 USA
USD payments to our Bern accounts can be made by check or bank transfer. The name of our Bern accounts in "International
Society on GRG" and the USD account number is 235-505491.60V. For bank transfers the IBAN number is CH12 00235 23550549160V.
It is preferred that checks be sent to Beverly Berger but the Bern-accounts bank's address is UBS AG, Postfach, CH-3000 Bern 94, Switzerland.
If payment is made directly to the bank, please include a copy of your membership form or other explanation with your check; in addition,
you must send a copy of the membership form or other explanation to Beverly Berger (see address below). Members should note that clearance of a check in Bern
costs 8 Swiss francs and so you may wish to add sufficient funds to cover that cost; these charges are one reason we can afford to offer
attractive life membership terms.
- Payments in Swiss francs can be made by check or bank transfer to Bern in the same way as for USD payments (see #1 above)
except the account number is 235-505491.02A. The IBAN and BIC numbers (needed for money transfer within Europe) are CH39 00235 23550549102A and UBSWCHZH80A.
- Payments in Euros by check or bank transfer to Bern can be made in the same way as for USD or Swiss franc payments (section 2) except the
account number is 235-505491.62X and the IBAN is CH87 00235 23550549162X.
- Credit card payments can be made by Visa or MasterCard (but not American Express or other credit or debit cards). Settlement is in US dollars only. Our credit card providers charge 3.75% commission and you may wish to add sufficient to cover this charge. To process credit card payments, the
following information should be sent to Beverly Berger:
Collection of payments can sometimes be slow so do not be concerned if your payment does not appear quickly on your statement.
- Type of card (Visa or MasterCard)
- Card number including the CVV number (the last three digits on the signature strip of the card)
- Name on the card
- Expiration date
- Postal/Zip code for your billing address
- Amount to charge
Surface mail: P.O. Box 3388, Livermore, CA 94551-3388, USA
Phone: +1 925-371-8979
Dues table based on exchange rates in January 2013 and are rounded for simplicity.
||35 ||95 ||420 ||17.5 ||10
|Swiss francs (CHF)
||32 ||88 ||388 ||16 ||9
||27 ||72.5 ||321 ||13.5 ||7.5
We are grateful to The
Pennsylvania State University,
University Park, PA, for assisting with this home page.
In case of problems, contact:
The University is not responsible for its contents, but has general
rules on content with which we aim to conform.